We’ve been waiting for you.
Animation is an important part of the production process. At Kaboom, we’re producing an animation from the ground up. As a student animator, you’ll be an integral member of the team, working alongside Hollywood producers, writers, animators, artists, and musicians.
The voice-over group will be guided by the Kaboom’s 50-member collective—a group of industry experts and educators—as well as Emmy-award winning screenwriter, producer, voice actor, and puppeteer Paul Rugg.
Paul has worked extensively as a voice-over artist, voicing characters in Animaniacs, Freakazoid, Manny the Uncanny, and many others. Most recently, he worked with Brian Henson on the Disney+ talk show Earth to Ned.
Fill out the application below to get started.
How to Apply
- Review requirements below
- Prepare your animation portfolio and video
- Complete the application form and upload your files
- We’ll be in touch to conduct a virtual conversation so we can get to know each other
Sharp, well-rounded animation portfolio. 10-page maximum PDF (or video)
A video of you answering: Who are you? What do you do in the animation realm? What are your aspirations?
Name your video file Kaboom Animation, Name, Craft (Example: Kaboom Animation. Liza Grossman, animator)
- Depending on art style, animation skills (squish, squash, and anticipation), comedic twists.
- The availability of 2D and 3D animation software has been taken into consideration.
- Traditional and Stop Motion entries are acceptable.
- Animation should not exceed more than 3 minutes
- Animation can be silent or with your own sound clip
- Animation needs to be appropriate for all audiences (Family friendly)
Who can apply?
15-25 year old animators who want to participate in a brand new and unique experience with industry leaders
Production will take place between September 2021 and May 2022.
Production will be conducted through Kaboom’s digital portal.
August 31, 2021